Drabblecast 444 – The Hands of Heroes

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
mightytwix
Forums Czar

Post by mightytwix »

The thing is, I was never a hero. The first wave of aliens taught me that. The war with them – my older brothers became heroes there, one died in the stand-off at Ucer-25, and we never did discover what happened to the other. My parents celebrated them both, burned scarlet and gold candles that made the house smell like flaming trees and sulphur, every weekend without fail…

Episode art by Maren Gagne
Read by Sarah Tolbert
Twabble: The damn fool boy shut the barn door after all the cows got turned inside out. At least they don't need as much milking now. by IWantSomethingNew
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...
mightytwix
Forums Czar

Re: Drabblecast 444 – The Hands of Heroes

Post by mightytwix »

What a great story this week. I think we can all reflect on a time when we were young and we were going to "live". I know I didn't end up being the thing I thought I would be.... But I am pretty happy with were I am. I resonate alot with this story.

The narration was fantastic as well. I think Sarah gave real soul to the character in the story, and I found myself being sucked in.

Finally, I would like to know how Norm made the cow turning inside out sound effect, and if he didn't make it what was the search term he used to scour the internet for such a gem!
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...