Drabblecast 437 – The Shallow One

Discuss episodes and stories from the Drabblecast Main Feed and from Drabbleclassics
mightytwix
Forums Czar

Post by mightytwix »

I first met Madeline at the local drug store, IBS, in the digestive aids aisle. We were both buying constipation products when our hands touched. Electricity passed between us, though it may have been the carpeting. My drone quivered on my shoulder, begging permission to snap a pic…
Episode art by Leonardo d'Almeida
Twabble: We sail the space between. The void, our home. The hunt is all we crave. Our prey is not for the meek. Wherever Mi-go, we go. by Big Dumb Yak
Music by Norm Sherman
I keep telling you I grow sorghum...
eric_marsh

Re: Drabblecast 437 – The Shallow One

Post by eric_marsh »

I got a laugh out of this one.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"
normsherman
Site Admin

Re: Drabblecast 437 – The Shallow One

Post by normsherman »

This was one of my fav HPL commissions in some time. Loved the closing paragraph and the optimism in the face of nihilism. Also so many clever little hilarious nuggets throughout this story. The parallel between the traditional Migo still-conscious-brains-collected-in-jars horror overlapping with social media culture very much reflecting the same kind of eternal, closed-in echo chamber of always having your head and thoughts trapped in your phone screen is pretty poignant as well. And who doesn't love practical joker Snakes! :)
"Give us all some Jelly"