Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
User avatar
JesterJ
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:16 pm
Location: Reston

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by JesterJ »

themorg wrote:
JesterJ wrote:The day I stopped tweezing, my eyebrows staged a coup, promptly conquering much of Europe. They've dubbed me Omnibrow.
Never heard of Threading?

PS welcome to the forum
Thank you, themorg. I am a new listener and poster, but love the Drabble so far!
"Good luck exploring the infinite abyss!" - Garden State

Sizing Tools:
http://twitfic.net/sizingtool/twabble_sizing_fun.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
http://www.wordcounttool.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3619
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 »

ROU Killing Time wrote:
tbaker2500 wrote:Got some good ones there PD! You too ROU, that was nice.
I liked this one too. It was icky and drabblecasty. btw, Tom, I did post one of my now rare drabbles over yonder in case you missed it and it fell off the new posts list.
Yep that's what I meant, good one!

Welcome the to threeums Naruwan, nice first post.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.
User avatar
JesterJ
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:16 pm
Location: Reston

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by JesterJ »

Stan believes a man is known by the company he keeps, so he selects guests carefully, and forces them to stay... forever.
"Good luck exploring the infinite abyss!" - Garden State

Sizing Tools:
http://twitfic.net/sizingtool/twabble_sizing_fun.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
http://www.wordcounttool.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
User avatar
OXDXM
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by OXDXM »

excellent stuff JesterJ! reminds me of Lovecraft's 'The Trap', pretty dark stuff!

Just want to say i'm completely new to The Drabblecast, and really loving everything so far. Thought i'd get involved so heres my twabble which i managed to completely mess up on twitter thanks to a left out fullstop :(


Once we aimed our guns at each other; for God. But when the Angels of Peace came, we turned our guns to the sky; for Mankind.
User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3619
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 »

OXDXM wrote:excellent stuff JesterJ! reminds me of Lovecraft's 'The Trap', pretty dark stuff!

Just want to say i'm completely new to The Drabblecast, and really loving everything so far. Thought i'd get involved so heres my twabble which i managed to completely mess up on twitter thanks to a left out fullstop :(


Once we aimed our guns at each other; for God. But when the Angels of Peace came, we turned our guns to the sky; for Mankind.
Twisted. I like it!
Welcome home, grab a chair.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.
User avatar
themorg
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:52 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by themorg »

OXDXM wrote:excellent stuff JesterJ! reminds me of Lovecraft's 'The Trap', pretty dark stuff!

Just want to say i'm completely new to The Drabblecast, and really loving everything so far. Thought i'd get involved so heres my twabble which i managed to completely mess up on twitter thanks to a left out fullstop :(


Once we aimed our guns at each other; for God. But when the Angels of Peace came, we turned our guns to the sky; for Mankind.
Self high five and welcome OXDXM. gave you a self high 5 because this is the interweb and even if you were a block away that would be to far to try a normal high five.

Just to be safe Algernon Sydney is Dead gets a self high five for making sure 100 character stories easier to write by keeping this at the bottom of his post http://twitfic.net/sizingtool/twabble_sizing_fun.htm

Self high five to Stalin Says for forcing everyone lurking to join the forum and stop lurking.

Self high five to tbaker2500 for taking his saint picture down and letting us see hs real face.

ROU killing time you get one because your name is a bad pun of Oh, are you killing time or so i assume if i am wrong you get another one.

Self high five to dreamrock because beards and facial hair is much better than none.

double self high five to strawman for...well i could not come up with a reason and that is why you get 2.

Self high five to Phenopath for making me think he had turned into a lemon because of his new avatar picture.

Munsi you do not get one because i am not sure but i think your father invented self high fives making it awkward to give you something you were teased to no end of as the child for being the son of the man who invented the self high five.

and everyone else, new or old to the forum, if you want one you can have one because self high fives are like hugs but for people who are far away or Germaphobes or people with no hands.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
User avatar
themorg
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:52 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by themorg »

naruwan wrote:OK, here goes. Go easy on the new guy, k?

They thawed out my brain and asked what kind of body I wanted. "A horse!", I joked. "What colour?" came the instant reply.

welcome to the forum and self high five just because. nice 100 character story. i would have said.
The looks they gave me were insistent.
I have to choose.
Brains do not last without a body.
so, i said "um you seen avatar?"
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
User avatar
themorg
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:52 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by themorg »

Mr.Shadowbxre wrote:If I may be so bold Mr. Sydney... An excellent fix to the last entry.

The masked Punctuator struck again, drawing forth periods and commas for the needy from his mystical enchanted colon.
i think i did not read this one because it was green in a color that my brain could not see. i do have an enhanced colon but i am terrible at puncuation and spelling.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
User avatar
JesterJ
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:16 pm
Location: Reston

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by JesterJ »

OXDXM wrote:excellent stuff JesterJ! reminds me of Lovecraft's 'The Trap', pretty dark stuff!

Just want to say i'm completely new to The Drabblecast, and really loving everything so far. Thought i'd get involved so heres my twabble which i managed to completely mess up on twitter thanks to a left out fullstop :(


Once we aimed our guns at each other; for God. But when the Angels of Peace came, we turned our guns to the sky; for Mankind.
Thank you for the feedback, OXDXM. I think your Twitfic is my favorite I have read on the board since joining. FTW!
"Good luck exploring the infinite abyss!" - Garden State

Sizing Tools:
http://twitfic.net/sizingtool/twabble_sizing_fun.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
http://www.wordcounttool.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
User avatar
themorg
Member
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:52 am
Location: Portland OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by themorg »

ROU Killing Time wrote:Picking on members of congress is too easy. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. More brains melted by peroxide, please.
hey don't the Asian Carp have it bad enough to continue on a racist phraze like "shooting fish in a barrel". Come on i might be against what the Carp did but i am not going to stand for it. I am going to sit for it. I also agree more brains less congress it's like poking a bear with a pointy stick.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false
User avatar
munsi
Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 am
Location: Calgary
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by munsi »

I have the power within me to burn this city to the ground, but I elect not to use it. And does the city even think to thank me?
User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time »

themorg wrote:
ROU killing time you get one because your name is a bad pun of Oh, are you killing time or so i assume if i am wrong you get another one.
It's a double meaning. Killing Time (as in time to kill) until it's Killing Time. A character from the Iain M. Banks novel, Excession. Yes, I do kill a lot of time posting here on the DC forum, don't I?

Something of a triple meaning, too I suppose. Much of the most amusing parts of Excession involve what amount to forum posts between various AI ship Minds in the culture.

I'm rather embarrassed (and mildly fearful of legal action, but hey you can't get blood from a stone) that when I googled it to find a link, I had to wade through the references to my posts, before I could actually find something that related to Iain M. Banks.

Here's a list of various amusing Culture ship names and the Culture novels that they can be found in.

http://www.iainbanksfaq.f9.co.uk/iain%2 ... 20list.txt

IMB Rocks.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.
User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead »

munsi wrote:I have the power within me to burn this city to the ground, but I elect not to use it. And does the city even think to thank me?
We all have the power to kill and it's wondrous that the murder-rate is so low.
We reward your restraint by not offing you.
nowicki1283
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by nowicki1283 »

He loved every inch of her body. Not every square inch, but every cubic inch…he checked. And for this he can never be free.
User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3619
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 »

nowicki1283 wrote:He loved every inch of her body. Not every square inch, but every cubic inch…he checked. And for this he can never be free.
Hee hee... Always specify units!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.
User avatar
dreamrock
Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by dreamrock »

themorg wrote:Self high five to dreamrock because beards and facial hair is much better than none.
:lol: I'm not sure I can get drunk enough to understand how this works. *waits 'till no one is watching* >_>
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."
User avatar
munsi
Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 am
Location: Calgary
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by munsi »

nowicki1283 wrote:He loved every inch of her body. Not every square inch, but every cubic inch…he checked. And for this he can never be free.
no part of this is anything less than awesome! murder and measurement, together at last
DSSRogue
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:34 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by DSSRogue »

Galileo's Apprentice
"Those are SPOTS on the Sun!" master exclaimed. "Do you know what this means?"
"It means I will have to look for a new job."
User avatar
Mr. Tweedy
Member
Posts: 1733
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Illinois (Land of Obama)
Contact:

Anti-Shoe

Post by Mr. Tweedy »

Protestors near the shoe factory held signs that read “No slave labor!” I was appalled: How could they be against shoes?
Advertise in this space!
User avatar
Poppydragon
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Poppydragon »

His face crumpled as the news hit him, it turned out that the morning paper was now printed on solid steel for durability.
Post Reply