The Drabblecast is an award-winning online speculative fiction magazine and podcast that publishes “Strange Stories for Strange Listeners,” often also classified as “Weird Fiction.”
Loosely, this encompasses any and all genres, but largely centers around those of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror.We’re looking for powerful stories that are simultaneously relatable and a good degree off the beaten path. We’re looking for stories that will work particularly well when read aloud and treated with full cast audio production. We’re looking for submissions that are humorous, bizarre, gross, disturbing, badass, interesting and original— your favorite story that we both know would be a hit if only it found the right home.
We’ve been expecting you! Please wipe your feet on the various dismembered feet on your way in.
What We Buy
- Short Fiction — 500- 4,000 words
We Also Run
- Drabbles — Exactly 100 words.
- Twabbles — Exactly 100 characters.
- Episode Art — See the Art page.
- The Drabblecast currently pays the professional market rate for speculative fiction as defined by the World Science Fiction & Fantasy Association of $.06/word for original fiction.
- The Drabblecast accepts reprint submissions at a pay rate of $.03/word.
- Stories under 500 words (including Drabbles and Twabbles) are published on a pro bono basis.
- The Drabblecast accepts Simultaneous Submissions (please let us know if someone else accepts before us)
- Drabblecast does NOT accept Multiple Submissions, unless specifically requested or solicited by Drabblecast editorial staff.
Your Submission Should:
Submit stories to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your name and story title in the subject of the email.
- Include bio (including preferred gender pronouns), story word count, information regarding the submission’s publication history or indication if the work is original and unpublished in the body of the email.
- You do not need to submit a cover letter.
- Please attach submission as either a .doc, .docx or .rtf file, or include story in the body of the email if preferred.